Bangor University Law Entry Requirements
For 2017 entry (new UCAS tariff for courses starting in September 2017):
- 128-120 tariff points from a level 3* qualification (normally excluding General Studies). *Level 3 qualifications include A levels, BTEC, Access, Irish Highers, International Baccalaureate, Welsh Baccalaureate, Scottish Advanced Highers and others – for a full list, please refer to the new UCAS tariff at www.ucas.com.
- We also welcome applications from mature applicants, individuals with European qualifications and international applicants (subject to minimum English language requirements – IELTS 6.5).
- Other legal qualifications are also accepted.
For 2016 entry:
- 320-300 points (normally excluding General Studies).
- The Welsh Baccalaureate is accepted.
- Irish Leaving Certificate.
- English language requirements for international students: IELTS 6.5 (with no element below 6.0); Pearson PTE: a score of 62 (with no element lower than 58); Cambridge English Test – Advanced: 176 (with no element lower than 169).
- We consider mature students with relevant experience on individual merit.
- Access applicants are welcome.
- Other legal qualifications also accepted.
General University entry requirements
Here at Bangor, we accept students with a wide range of qualifications and backgrounds. We consider each application individually.
All students need to have good basic skills and the University also values IT and communication skills.
As part of the University’s policy we consider applications from prospective disabled students on the same grounds as all other students.
To study a degree, diploma or certificate course you’ll be asked for a minimum of UCAS Tariff points. Normally, all GCE A and AS levels, VCEs and Key Skills can be used to calculate your overall points.
For a fuller explanation of the UCAS Tariff Points, please see the UCAS website.
Qualifications currently not in the Tariff Framework:
Access courses and mature entry: We welcome your application if you’re taking a recognised Access course. We also consider applications from other older students who can demonstrate the motivation and commitment to study a university programme. Each year we enrol a significant number of mature students. For more help and advice about being a mature student at Bangor, please visit the Study at Bangor site.
International students entry requirements
For information and further detailed guidance on entry requirements for International Students, including the minimum English Language entry requirement, please visit the Entry Requirements by Country pages on the International Education Centre section of our website.