Bangor University Education
The School of Education provides first rate higher education in one of Britain’s most beautiful locations. Set in one of the best natural resources in the UK, Bangor is exceptionally well-situated and well-equipped for students interested in Sport, especially those involving the outdoors.
School of Education
The School of Education has established its reputation in the field of teacher training to educate students to meet the needs of schools throughout Britain.
Under the guidance of enthusiastic staff, the School provides a wide range of progressive courses leading to Bangor University honours degrees and certificates and a range of postgraduate qualifications. You can pursue courses through the medium of Welsh or English or bilingually. In the European context this bilingual expertise gives an exciting dimension to all our courses and provides students with opportunities to develop European links. The School also has well-established partnerships with Primary and Secondary Schools to provide varied and supportive training environments.
Excellence in standards and quality
The School of Education has a friendly atmosphere and students from all regions and different backgrounds quickly settle in. We offer a lively and enriching working and social environment with unrivalled resources for your courses.
We offer the following degree courses:
- Addysg Gynradd BA (Hons) with QTS (3 years)
- Astudiaethau Plentyndod ac Ieuenctid BA (Cydanrhydedd) (3 years)
- Astudiaethau Plentyndod ac Ieuenctid a Chymdeithaseg BA (Cydanrhydedd) (3 years)
- Astudiaethau Plentyndod Cynnar ac Ieuenctid a Chymorth Dysgu FdA (2 years)
- Childhood and Youth and Learning Support Studies FdA (2 years)
- Childhood and Youth Studies BA (Hons) (3 years)
- Childhood and Youth Studies and Psychology BA (Joint Hons) (3 years)
- Childhood and Youth Studies and Social Policy BA (Joint Hons) (3 years)
- Childhood and Youth Studies and Sociology BA (Joint Hons) (3 years)
- Design and Technology Secondary Education BSc (Hons) with QTS (3 years)
- Dylunio Cynnyrch BSc (Anrhydedd) (3 years)
- Primary Education BA (Hons) with QTS (3 years)
- Product Design BSc (Hons) (3 years)
Taught Postgraduate Courses
- Education Doctorate Programme EdD
- Education Studies (Full-time) MA/PgDip/PgCert
- Education Studies (Part-time) MA/PgDip/PgCert
- Music with Education MA/PgDip/PgCert
- Childhood and Youth MRes
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education: Primary Education PGCE
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education: Secondary Education PGCE
- Education PhD/MPhil
Other Postgraduate study:
Graduate Teacher Programme
- Graduate Teacher Programme (Primary)
- Graduate Teacher Programme (Secondary)
A 2(ii) honours degree is required and relevant work experience as a teacher/lecturer or teaching assistant is preferred.
Applicants who are not native-English speakers should have either an IELTS result of 6.0 or above, with no individual score lower than 5.5.
Students with lower scores may undertake a pre-sessional English course at ELCOS the University’s English Language Centre.
Applicants may be required to be interviewed in person.
For information and further detailed guidance on entry requirements for International Students, including the minimum English Language entry requirement, please visit the Entry Requirements by Country pages on the International Education Centre section of our website.
Ask the IEC for assistance…
If you want advice or a general chat about what’s available contact the International Education Centre on +44 (0) 1248 382028 or email email@example.com
School of Education, Bangor University, Normal Site, Bangor, Gwynedd, LL57 2PZ
Phone: 01248 382408
Bangor University is a Registered Charity: No. 1141565