Bangor University Blackboard
The Learning Technology team supports Blackboard and we provide helpsheets for staff as well as staff training.
Blackboard is the virtual learning environment (VLE) supported across Bangor University. The version currently running is 9.1, also known as Blackboard Learn. A Welsh language interface has been created by Bangor and is available for all staff and students.
You can log in to Blackboard via the intranet or directly from the URL https://blackboard.bangor.ac.uk. Choose your preferred language from the login screen. If you select Welsh, you may find that some areas are still in English, Canolfan Bedwyr are continuing to work on the translation.
If you encounter difficulties logging in to Blackboard please try the following:
- If you are unable to log in to Blackboard, contact the IT Support Centre via extn 8111 (01248 388111 outside the University), or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Members of staff requiring general advice and help with using Blackboard may also contact the IT Support Centre via extn 8111, or email email@example.com with the request.
- If you are a member of staff and your modules do not appear in Blackboard, contact your School Office to check that your details as course instructor are correct in Banner.
- If you are a student and your modules do not appear in Blackboard, contact your Lecturers or your School Office. Please note that Banner updates Blackboard every night with course registration details.
- If you are unsure whether Blackboard Learn will work with your browser, you can check here