Aston University Zhang Lin
Professor Lin Zhang
Aston Institute of Photonic Technologies (AIPT)
Professor, Head of Electrical, Electronic and Power Engineering
Phone number: 0121 204 3548
Room number: NW312
I joined the Aston Institute of Photonic Technologies (previous Photonics Research Group) in the School of Engineering & Applied Science at Aston University in 1994, and was appointed to a Lecturer in 2001 and a Professor in 2005. During my 19 years at Aston University, I have been mainly researching in the area of advanced fibre grating devices, technologies and applications and published over 400 papers in peer-review journals and international conferences.
Qualifications & education
- BA in Physics, Suzhou University, China, 1978
- PhD in Physics, Sussex University, UK, 1990
- 2005 – to date: Professor of Photonics, School of Engineering & Applied Science, Aston University.
- 2001 – 2005: Lecturer, School of Engineering & Applied Science, Aston University.
- 1997 – 2001: Senior Research Fellow, School of Engineering & Applied Science, Aston University.
- 1994 – 1997: Research Fellow, Photonics Research Group, Aston University
- 1990 – 1994: Postdoc Research Fellow, Department of Physics, Sussex University
- 1979 – 1986: Lecturer, Physics Department, Suzhou University, China
- First Year Undergraduate Module on Physical Principles and Electric Circuits
- Final Year Undergraduate Module on Optoelectronics
- Supervising Final Year and MSc projects