Aston University James Brown
School of Life & Health Sciences
His PhD was on the role of fat-secreted hormones in pancreatic function and James now works in the related field of body fat and how excess adiposity affects health and disease.
His research areas: obesity, type 2 diabetes, frailty, cancer and ageing.
- James has much media experience, notably BBC TV’s Trust Me I’m a Doctor and The Truth About…and Channel 4’s How to Lose Weight Well, as well as BBC local radio, print and social media. He writes frequently for The Conversation.
- Obesity and adipocyte function
- Diabetes and frailty in older adults
- The biology of ageing
- Exercise and nutrition in older adults
- Muscle hormones and health
If you would like to contact us about any aspects of our research, please do so using the following contact details: