Ashridge Business School Scholarship
Applying for the Ashridge MBA
These guidelines outline our usual minimum entry requirements for the MBA Programme at Ashridge. They are simply a guide as each MBA application is considered on its own merit. The application process also needs you to demonstrate:
- Your clear, realistic career goals and how an MBA will help you achieve these
- Your understanding of the distinctive features of the Ashridge MBA
- Your ability to contribute to our teaching environment of small groups and peer learning
- Your ability to work independently and virtually.
GMAT – Full-time MBA
We expect you to take the Graduate Admissions Test (GMAT). You are responsible for arranging your own test in good time. The usual minimum GMAT score we require is 600. In some exceptional cases, you may be allowed to take the Ashridge Admissions Test instead of the GMAT. Please indicate your request on your application form.
GMAT – Part-time Executive MBA
We usually ask candidates to take the Ashridge Admissions Test as an alternative to the GMAT. Please be aware that the GMAT is not compulsory for the EMBA programme but may be requested at the discretion of the Programme Director.
Required academic ability and work experience for both MBA and Executive MBA applicants
If you hold a Bachelors degree you need a minimum of three years’ work experience. If you do not hold a Bachelors degree or a Masters level qualification, you will need a minimum of five years’ work experience.
English language skills for both MBA and Executive MBA applicants
If English is not your first language, you will need to provide one of the following:
- IELTS = minimum score 7
- Pearson Test of English Academic = minimum score 60
- If you hold other certification in English language capability which you think may be of equal level, please include this at the time of applying.
Apply now through the application portal
- Upon receipt of your MBA application we will email you a confirmation and if relevant, send suggested dates for your interview with an MBA Director or faculty member.
- Your interview will either be via Skype or ideally, in person at Ashridge.
- If you are applying for the part-time Executive MBA (EMBA) and have not taken the GMAT, you will be asked to complete the Ashridge Admissions Test. This can be booked and taken online at a time to suit you.
- Depending on the outcome of the interview, we will send you either an offer or a rejection letter. With an offer letter, you receive an acceptance form which you need to sign and return to Ashridge with your deposit of £1000. The deposit is deducted from the total programme fee.
Scholarship application process
If you are applying for an Ashridge or Santander scholarship, you may apply before you sign your acceptance form. Scholarship details will be sent to you with your offer letter.
Once we receive your signed acceptance form and deposit you are confirmed as a participant and will gain access to Virtual Ashridge (VA), an online resource portal which will help you prepare for the programme.