Ashridge Business School Leadership
Leadership Program Overview
The Ashridge Leadership Process will help you become the best leader you can be in the context of your professional role.
This personal leadership training course will increase your ability to lead with greater confidence and with a broader range of capabilities, through a richer understanding of yourself and your impact on others.
It will challenge you to review and set new personal and professional goals, and help you to achieve these with the support of a personal executive coach.
As part of the training program, you have four one-to-one coaching sessions. The first two take place while you are at Ashridge. Two further sessions happen at three month intervals following the residential phase of the program.
Content and Structure
Before arriving at Ashridge, you are asked to complete the Ashridge Inventory of Management Skills (AIMS) 360° feedback questionnaire and a FIRO-B® inventory. This helps to assess your personality type and individual needs. A Leadership CV reviews the factors that build your leadership style. The findings are discussed with your Ashridge coach.
During the program, you will gain insight into your leadership style, motivations and values via learning support and challenge groups, small group activities and exercises, as well as two sessions with your personal leadership coach.
Your coach is an experienced, solution-focused ally who will help you to identify your goals for the program. Towards the end of your learning experience, your coach will help you clarify how your perspective has shifted and what further changes you wish to make in future. Together you will create a leadership development plan for your continued growth back at work.
You will learn about:
- Leadership styles in the context of your organization
- Organizational culture
- Change leadership and how to manage ambiguity
- How leaders think, learn and develop
- Work / Life balance
- Lifestyle planning
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Creative value and improving performance
- How to build a personal and organizational vision
- After the program you will have two coaching sessions, usually three and six months later. The follow-up sessions are designed to help you build on your learning and support you as you implement your action plan
- Many participants choose to continue their coaching relationship further. Please ask our Program Advisors for more information
- You are also given continued access to your online program portal and Virtual Ashridge content for six months after your residential stay