Ashridge Business School Advanced Management Programme
The Advanced Management Program focuses on developing key skills and knowledge across four key themes which give you the critical leadership and management expertise you need to prepare for continued advances in your career.
The four key themes that the Advanced Management Program covers are:
- Setting direction
- Providing leadership
- Making the most of people
- Driving growth and realizing results
The AMP design is unique in the industry. Each theme is made up of several modules, which you choose from depending on your particular development needs.
You select at least one module from each theme, and complete between 16 and 21 days of learning, depending on your goals.
We recognize that the demands on today’s leaders are tough. We therefore allow up to two years to complete the program.
Content and Structure
- Speak to our Program Advisors: to discuss your development needs and how the AMP can meet these for you
- Submit your completed application form: this will book you onto the Ashridge AMP
- Speak to your Program Director: to discuss the best modules to fit your needs and develop a plan for your learning days
- Speak to your Personal Development Assistant (PDA): who will work with you to schedule module dates around your diary to build your program. They will be your first point of contact for all queries during the AMP
- Start your program: your AMP officially starts with the commencement of your first module
During your program
- Ashridge AIMS 360° feedback questionnaire: many AMP participants undertake the Ashridge Leadership Process as their first module and complete the Ashridge Inventory Management Styles (AIMS) 360° questionnaire as part of this module. If you do not choose this as your first module you will complete the AIMS 360 before your first module
- Executive coaching: you will be introduced to your Ashridge executive coach during your first module. Your coach will help you analyse the findings of the 360 report. They will also support you throughout all your AMP modules
- Your virtual learning portal: this online tool provides details of all pre-work, joining instructions, module materials and other learning resources
- Your AMP modules: Our teaching approach is practical, interactive and supportive. Every module is delivered using a variety of methods from classic taught sessions to working with actors, full-day business simulations, experiential exercises and peer group feedback
- Action plan: At the end of each module you will leave with an action plan to put into immediate practice. Module follow-up activity may include virtual learning sessions, personal coaching and emails from the tutors to gauge your progress and help you apply your learning