Arts University Bournemouth Undergraduate Courses
We welcome applications from students from all backgrounds and ages.
This includes applicants from International Schools around the world and we will accept a wide range of qualifications.
If you have any queries about entry requirements or if you can’t find your qualifications below, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will be happy to help.
When we assess your application, we look at a number of criteria including your qualifications and personal statement. Most applicants will be invited to attend an interview or requested to submit a portfolio.
You can use this UCAS tariff calculator to work out how many points you have.
Academic qualifications and UCAS tariff points are important, but if your grades fall outside of what’s set out below, you may still be considered so please still submit a UCAS application. Each application is considered on its own merit and we will take your practical skills or relevant experience into consideration.
BA (Hons) degrees
All applicants must have a minimum of 5 GCSE passes at grade C or grade 4 or above, which must include English and Maths. We also accept equivalent qualifications at Level 2 such as Key Skills, Functional Skills, ALAN tests or the BTEC First Diploma.
Plus a relevant Level 3 qualification – we accept a wide range of qualifications including:
- GCE A levels
- Foundation Diploma in Art and Design
- International Baccalaureate
- BTEC Awards, Certificates, and Diplomas at level 3
- BTEC Nationals at level 3
- BTEC Extended Diploma
- OCR National
- NVQ at level 3
- Level 3 of the ‘Creative and Media’ 14 – 19 Diploma
- Other EU/International qualifications which are equivalent at level 3
- Other relevant and equivalent UK and international qualifications are considered on an individual basis.
Most applicants to our courses will be offered an interview. However where demand for places is very high we may not able to offer interviews to every applicant.
The standard offers for degree courses are:
- BBC- A Level, excluding general studies (for Extended study option,112 UCAS Tariff points)
- BBB at A Level, excluding general studies (120 UCAS Tariff points)
- 3 BTEC Subsidiary Diploma passes at grade Merit
- Or a combination of BTEC Subsidiary Diploma and A levels (equivalent to 120 UCAS tariff points)
- International Baccalaureate (IB) score of 30-32 or above
- Foundation Diploma Pass
- UAL Extended Diploma at Merit
- BTEC / OCR Extended Diploma at Distinction, Merit, Merit
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma at Distinction* Distinction *
- UAL Diploma must be combined with other level 3 qualifications equivalent to 112-120 UCAS Tariff points
- Scottish Highers- 5 passes at grade C or above
- Pass Irish FETAC in 3 subjects with Distinction and 2 with Merit.
- Irish Leaving Certificate (Irish Highers) : H2, H3, H3, H3, H3 or equivalent to equal around 120 UCAS tariff to include a relevant subject
BA (Hons) Architecture:
- ABB at A level or equivalent to 128 UCAS tariff points
European and International Students
Arts University Bournemouth consistently accepts students from all areas of the world on all its courses. AUB has excellent links with language schools for students who do not have the necessary standard of English.