Arts University Bournemouth Planning Application
This page will guide you through the process of applying to study a BA Degree course at the Arts University Bournemouth as an international (non-EU) student.
If you are an International Student (non-EU) and wish to apply for a place on one of our BA (Hons) degree course, you can do so in one of the following two ways:
1. Via UCAS (Universities and Colleges Admissions Service)
Complete a UCAS application form. Please note, any references to application deadlines on the UCAS website are only applicable for UK and EU students. International students can apply at any time.
Applications to UCAS must be made electronically using the UCAS Apply system. UCAS provide an enormous amount of information and guidance on their application process and we strongly recommend that you make full use of their web site ucas.com.
Below are listed UCAS codes for Arts University Bournemouth, which you will need to enter on the UCAS application form.
- Institution Code Name: AUCB
- Institution Code: A66
(We do not have a campus code as all our courses take place on one site!).
Please make sure that you include all the qualifications that you have and remember to include all qualifications that you are currently taking.
Your personal statement is your chance to tell us why you want to be a student at AUB; we will want to know why you are interested in the course that you have applied to, key influences on your work and what you hope to do after your studies.
Once you have submitted your application UCAS will send you an acknowledgement and forward your application to AUB. Once you have completed your UCAS application you can track the status of your application via UCAS Track.
2. Direct – using an AUB online Application Form
Please contact the International Office directly and we will send you a link to the online application form. Please make sure you complete the application in full and pay particular attention to the following;
- Personal statement – your personal statement is your chance to tell us why you want to be a student at AUB. We will want to know why you are interested in the courses that you have applied to and what you hope to do after your studies.
- References – if possible, please attach a letter of recommendation from someone who knows you well (e.g. tutor, employer). Alternatively, you can provide the referee’s name and forward the reference at a later date.
- Academic qualifications – include all qualifications that you have, and also any qualifications that you are currently taking.
- English Language Test – if applicable, please upload a current English Language Certificate. If you have not taken a test yet, please tell us when you are planning to take it.
Whether you are applying through UCAS or using the online application form we recommend that you submit your application before April for entry to a BA degree course the following September, though we will consider applications outside of this time. We highly advise all students who require a visa to study in the UK to start the application process as early as possible. View information on visa applications.
Find out what happens after you submit your application.