Arts University Bournemouth Foundation Degree
AUB has an excellent reputation nationally for its Film and Photography courses, and this Foundation Diploma (Media Programme) is the perfect place to start. The course follows the same structure as the Diploma in Art and Design – Foundation Studies but with a specific focus on Photography and Film.
Diploma in Art and Design – Foundation Studies
- Five GCSE or IGCSE passes at grade C or new grade 4 or above which must include a relevant Art, Design or Media subject plus Maths and English
- Plus the minimum of two GCE A-Level or vocational A level passes, at grade C or above (one of which must be in a relevant creative subject)
- 2 BTEC Subsidiary Diploma at Merit Or a combination of BTEC Subsidiary Diploma and A level
- International Baccalaureate (IB) score of 24 or above. We will accept the equivalent in relevant individual IB certificates.
- BTEC/UAL Extended Diploma Merit
- BTEC /OCR (Tech) Extended Diploma at Merit Pass Pass
- Other relevant and equivalent Level 3 qualifications are considered on an individual basis
- Entry to a Foundation Diploma course usually follows two years of sixth form study.
We are unable to accept Functional Skills, Key Skills or ALAN tests in place of Maths or English from applicants who will be under 19 when the course starts.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions concerning your qualifications.
English language requirements
The following are acceptable equivalent English language qualifications for applicants whose first language is English:
- GCSE English, Language or Literature grade C / grade 4 or above
- GCE O-Level English grade C
- GCE A and AS levels English language or Literature at any pass grade
- SQA Standard Grade Credit English
- SQA Intermediate 2 certificate English grade A-C
- SQA National 5 certificate English grade A-C
- SQA Higher Grade English grade D
- Irish Leaving Certificate Ordinary Level English grade C2/O4
- Irish Leaving Certificate Higher Level English grade D3/H6
- IGCSE First or second Language English grade C.
For overseas applicants who need a Tier IV Visa we require-
IELTS score of 5.5 or above, with a minimum of 5 in each component. Applicants who require a visa must also provide a UKVI number on the IELTS Test Report form.
For EU and Overseas applicants who do not require a visa to study at AUB we can accept a range of English Language qualifications including the following qualifications for Preparation for HE courses:
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE) grade C
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) grade C
- Certificate of Attainment in English (London Board) level 5 or 6
- IELTS score of 5.5 or above, with a minimum of 5 in each component.
- International Baccalaureate (IB):Language B or English Language and Literature A at Higher Level grade 4, or at Standard Level grade 5.