Arts University Bournemouth Financial Statements
You may download our latest Financial Statements in the links below;
The first art school in Bournemouth was the Bournemouth Government School of Art, established in 1880. There was a considerable demand in Bournemouth at that time for instruction in Art and the numbers in the art school soon rose to 180. In 1884, the school became a Science and Art school. In 1885 the Bournemouth School of Science and Art moved to 1 Regent’s Terrace, in Old Christchurch Road, where it remained until 1890. When the Bournemouth School of Science and Art was forced to close due to a decrease in numbers and loss of grant in 1890-91, the majority of its students were transferred to the Bournemouth West School of Science and Art.
In 1913, the two Science and Art Schools at Bournemouth East and Bournemouth West were incorporated into the Bournemouth and Poole College of Art and Design along with the Technical and Commercial Schools. All art subjects then came under the umbrella of the School of Art within the Bournemouth Municipal College.
In 1964, Bournemouth and Poole College of Art was formed through the merger of Bournemouth Municipal College of Art and Poole College of Art. The name was changed to Bournemouth and Poole College of Art and Design in 1979. The first new building on the present campus was opened in 1984 and built at a cost of £2.3 million.