Arts University Bournemouth Entry Requirements
Our entry requirements are specific to each course and you can find out more about these by clicking on the links below. It’s not just about UCAS points, though.
Grades and qualifications give us an idea of what kind of student you are, interviews and portfolios show us what kind of person you are and both are important. For more information about this part of your application, have a read of our Portfolio & interview guidelines.
Academic Qualifications for Undergraduate Courses
BA (Hons) degrees
All applicants must have a minimum of 5 GCSE passes at grade C or grade 4 or above, which must include English and Maths. We also accept equivalent qualifications at Level 2 such as Key Skills, Functional Skills, ALAN tests or the BTEC First Diploma.
Plus a relevant Level 3 qualification – we accept a wide range of qualifications including:
- GCE A levels
- Foundation Diploma in Art and Design
- International Baccalaureate
- BTEC Awards, Certificates, and Diplomas at level 3
- BTEC Nationals at level 3
- BTEC Extended Diploma
- OCR National
- NVQ at level 3
- Level 3 of the ‘Creative and Media’ 14 – 19 Diploma
- Other EU/International qualifications which are equivalent at level 3
- Other relevant and equivalent UK and international qualifications are considered on an individual basis.
Most applicants to our courses will be offered an interview. However where demand for places is very high we may not able to offer interviews to every applicant.
The standard offers for degree courses are:
- BBC- A Level, excluding general studies (for Extended study option,112 UCAS Tariff points)
- BBB at A Level, excluding general studies (120 UCAS Tariff points)
- 3 BTEC Subsidiary Diploma passes at grade Merit
- Or a combination of BTEC Subsidiary Diploma and A levels (equivalent to 120 UCAS tariff points)
- International Baccalaureate (IB) score of 30-32 or above
- Foundation Diploma Pass
- UAL Extended Diploma at Merit
- BTEC / OCR Extended Diploma at Distinction, Merit, Merit
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma at Distinction* Distinction *
- UAL Diploma must be combined with other level 3 qualifications equivalent to 112-120 UCAS Tariff points
- Scottish Highers- 5 passes at grade C or above
- Pass Irish FETAC in 3 subjects with Distinction and 2 with Merit.
- Irish Leaving Certificate (Irish Highers) : H2, H3, H3, H3, H3 or equivalent to equal around 120 UCAS tariff to include a relevant subject
Other relevant and equivalent Level 3 qualifications are considered on an individual basis and we are happy to accept applicants with a combination of level 3 qualifications. Please check your qualifications using UCAS Tariff calculator and remember we are looking for the equivalent of 3 A levels if you are combining Level 3 qualifications.