Apply to London Business School
A completed online application form
The application form is designed to be completed over several sessions. You can save your work as you go and submit the completed form whenever you are ready.
Your application essays
The essay questions are:
- Q1. What is your motivation for applying to London Business School’s Masters in Finance programme? (maximum 300 words)
- Q2. What are your career objectives and what steps have you taken (or do you plan to take) to achieve them? What alternatives are you considering? What geographical region do you hope to work in? (maximum 500 words)
- Q3. What specific areas of London Business School life are you most excited about getting involved in and where do you believe you will add value to the School Community? (maximum 300 words)
- Download the essay template.
A one-page CV
A well-presented CV adds weight to your application. Download guidance notes on preparing your CV and a CV template. If you have any significant gaps in your employment history, please tell us why on a separate sheet.
Names and details of two referees
Download further information on references for applicants and referees.
You can apply to the programme before taking the test. Note that some GMAT/GRE test waivers will be granted. Read the FAQ for more information on GMAT/GRE requirements and waivers. Register to take the GMAT, or Try the GMAT test.
- Proof of your English Language ability
Download ‘Proving your English language ability’ (PDF, 100 KB).
The application fee is £120. This fee is paid by credit card when you submit your application
A copy of your university transcript(s)
A transcript of grades from each university you have attended, plus a translation if the original is not in English.
What you need
- Most full-time students will have three to six years’ relevant finance experience, with part-time students having slightly more (the minimum requirement for all students is two years)
- An undergraduate degree. Occasionally a strong career trajectory and/or professional qualifications are also accepted.
- The ability to work in multicultural teams and an international outlook.
Masters in Finance August 2017 intake – late application
The preferred deadline has now passed.
We will however consider a few late applications from strong candidates. Before you proceed please contact the MiF Recruitment Team – firstname.lastname@example.org – attaching your CV to discuss the feasibility and logistics of a late application.
The application form for the August 2018 intake will go live in early August 2017.
There will be five application rounds for the full time Programme with the first deadline in early October 2017 and the final deadline in early May 2018.
There will be seven application rounds for the part time Programme with the first deadline in early October 2017 and the final deadline in mid June 2018.
London Business School
Tel: +44 (0)20 7000 7000
Fax: +44 (0)20 7000 7001