Anglia Ruskin University VLE
Our VLE (Virtual Learning Environment) is the on-line system provided to give Anglia Ruskin students access to files, resources and activities specific to the modules they are studying. The VLE’s infrastructure is managed by IT Services, under guidance from the VLE Strategy Group.
Using this service
The VLE is available to both students and staff.
To access the VLE
- Navigate to http://vle.anglia.ac.uk (or via the links provided on MyAnglia: http://my.anglia.ac.uk).
- Log in using your Anglia Ruskin Short Username (e.g. abc123) and password
- When you are logged in to the VLE you will see a list of VLE sites that you have permissions to view.
Student access to specific learning spaces on the VLE is controlled automatically and is based on an individual student’s enrolment on particular module delivery in SITS/ASTRA.
Staff access to a particular VLE site varies according to his or her role on a particular module in a particular academic year as given on SITS/ASTRA.
- Module Leaders and Module Tutors are automatically allocated appropriate levels of access to the Tutor Space and relevant Learning Spaces for the deliveries of a module to allow collaborative development of the resources provided to the students.
- All staff have read-only access to all VLE module sites (except where that access has been specifically excluded for ethical reasons owing to sensitive content).
Student support for the VLE
- Generic support guides on using the VLE as a student are provided in the Student section of the VLE Support Site. However, Module Tutors may provide additional information on the use of specific tools within the VLE where the Tutor has chosen to use one for a particular module.
- Student Support for all areas of IT (including the VLE) is provided by the Student IT Helpdesk in the University Library
Staff Support for the VLE
- Support guides on using the VLE as a member of staff are provided in the Staff section of the VLE Support Site
- Faculty Learning Technologists and colleagues in Anglia Learning and Teaching provide development and support on using the VLE to support learning, teaching and assessment.