Anglia Ruskin University Human Resources
HR Services, Our Mission
Our service mission is to be:
- a trusted partner, enabling the achievement of excellence
We will do this by:
- using best practice from within and beyond the sector;
- working alongside Deans and Directors as facilitators and critical friends, rather than gatekeepers and regulators;
- ensuring that employees and managers have ready access to a range of quality HR services which are relevant, reliable, responsive and cost effective.
HR Strategy, Policy and Planning
- Contribute to corporate HR strategy and planning processes to meet our Corporate Plan.
- Develop ‘best-fit’ policies and procedures; implement, monitor and review at least triennially
Recruitment and Selection
- Provide a comprehensive advice and administration service, from advertising to appointment, for all full-time and fractional appointments across the organisation.
- Make appointment offers and complete employment documentation.
Employment Contract Administration
- Administer probationary procedures.
- Monitor temporary contracts and initiate and action review procedures.
- Implement changes to current contracts, and process leavers.
Pay and Benefits
- Manage pay and grading structures.
- Initiate and update payroll transactions.
- Administer occupational pension schemes and other employee benefits.
Training and Development
- Identify training and development needs and source provision.
- Provide Corporate induction programmes.
- Facilitate IiP accreditation.
- Administer corporate training provision..
HR Information and Records
- Determine and maintain HR records.
- Provide ad hoc information internally.
- Complete information and statistical returns for external agencies.
- Contribute to individual and collective consultations and negotiations.
- Apply collective agreements.
- Advise managers and staff on employment matters.
- Participate in disciplinary, grievance and disputes procedures.
- Plan, develop and advise on employee communications.
- Annually review and update Staff Handbooks, etc.
Health and Welfare
- Liaise with managers, staff and specialists on occupational health matters.
- Provide employee support and access to Employee Assistance Programme.
- Undertake specific, time limited projects in support of organisational development and change.
- Help managers with people management.
- Work with others to effect change.
- Manage and develop HR staff (including CPD).
- Manage and administer HR budget.
- Plan and evaluate HR activities.
We provide a wide range of human resource services.