Anglia Ruskin University Harvard Referencing Generator
Referencing is a key skill you need to demonstrate good academic practice. You must provide references for everything you use to write your assignments. A reference provides the reader with all the information needed to accurately identify the original source of the authors you have quoted or paraphrased.
You will be taught how to reference as part of your course. Our University’s standard for referencing is Harvard Anglia v6, but some subjects have their own styles. Whichever style is preferred, you must use it consistently throughout your assignment. You should check in your module guide or with your lecturer/course leader before you begin your work.
What we can do in the library
- we can help you understand general principles of referencing using the style guides linked from this page
- we can show you how to use a reference manager such as RefWorks
What we are not permitted to do
We cannot correct your written work. Look at the guidance for academic honesty to ensure your assignment is submitted in compliance with Academic Regulations.
Where can you get help
- Test yourself with our referencing tutorial
- Find some useful expressions for citing references in text
- come along to a Study Skills Plus workshop
- See our video “Using the Referencing Tab in Microsoft Word“
- …and remember to use the referencing style guides linked from this page (Harvard, OSCOLA, APA).