Anglia Ruskin University Doctor

Anglia Ruskin University Doctor

Rivermead GateIt’s important to register with a doctor (also known as a GP) as soon as you arrive here. If you live locally, it’s not an issue, you can stay with the practice you’re already registered with.However, if you’ve moved to the area for your studies, you should register with a local doctor in case you get ill while you’re here and are too unwell to travel home to see your normal doctor.

You can use the NHS Find GP Services search to find a doctor near to where you live.

Health Services

Health advice and information is available on the NHS website. There are also health services available on our two main campuses.

In Cambridge

There is a Medical Centre with an NHS GP surgery offering a full, confidential and general medical service during semester times, but you’ll need to register with them to use this service.

If you’re a full-time student, staying in the UK for more than six months, you’ll be given time to register with the Medical Centre during your first week. It’s important that you register with them or another local doctor (also known as a GP) as soon as possible – please don’t wait until you’re ill.

If you’re staying in the UK for less than six months, you’ll be seen as a Temporary Resident and don’t need to pre-register.

The Medical Centre is in the Mumford Building (MUM101) and is open from Monday to Friday, 9.00am – 5.00pm (4.00pm on Friday) though it closes for lunch from 1.00 – 2.00pm. Call: 01223 698251.

During weekends, evenings and vacations, medical cover is provided by The Red House Surgery, 96 Chesterton Road, Cambridge. Call: 0844 477 3124.

In an emergency

If you’re not registered with the Medical Centre you’ll be treated in an emergency (such as broken bones, burns, chest pains, asthma attack).