Anglia Ruskin University Address Chelmsford
Welcome to our Chelmsford campus
You’ll find our campus nestled down by the river in the city’s University and Innovation Quarter, just a short stroll from the lively centre.
The campus is made up of striking, modern buildings that house state-of-the-art facilities to support teaching of the courses we offer.
Compact enough to explore and enjoy at your leisure with a great mix of independent stores, high street retail, restaurants, bars and cafes, we know why Chelmsford was voted one of the top ten places to live in the UK.*
Chelmsford has a rich history as the birthplace of broadcasting and one of the first Roman settlements in Britain. Today it offers a warm welcome with a vibrant feel that’s the perfect base to explore the wider Essex and Suffolk counties, and the capital city of London which is just 30 minutes away by train.
*Halifax quality of life survey
Our campus: past, present and future
We’ve been around since 1893 when we started with adult further-education classes. In 1904 a foundation stone was laid in Market Road by Lord Rayleigh, which marked the start of our journey to create purpose-built further education buildings in Chelmsford – and we’ve never looked back.
We’ve continued to invest and grow to become the modern University we are today delivering work-ready graduates. Just some of the highlights of the campus today include:
- our Lord Ashcroft International Business School, one of the largest business schools in the eastern region based in the award-winning Lord Ashcroft Building
- high-quality study facilities – lecture theatres of course, but also mock hospital wards and a simulation suite for training in the health professions
- the university library and open access computer area
- restaurant, cafés and plenty of outdoor space
- The MedBIC, a centre to support medical technology businesses that are just starting out
- a range of services including our Students’ Union, John Smith’s bookshop, medical centre, gym, employment bureau, and finance and accommodation offices.
A great place to study
In its serene location by the river, our Chelmsford campus is a great place to be. It offers plenty of outdoor space as well as fitness trails that run around and throughout the campus. With more than 6,000 students here, there’s also a real multicultural feel.