Aberystwyth University Llanbadarn Campus
The Llanbadarn Centre is set in beautiful grounds with plenty of pedestrian areas, green spaces and parking. The Institute’s buildings are accessible, bright and vibrant. Inside, the buildings are reconfigured, refreshed and re-equipped with state-of-the-art teaching and IT facilities to meet your learning and professional development needs. Over £4.5m has been invested at our Llanbadarn Centre to create a new state of the art, professional environment for our Business School, Law School and Department of Information Studies. The full refurbishment includes lecture rooms, non-traditional teaching spaces, social areas and academic support areas.
Business School and Department of Information Studies – RheidolBuilding
- 4500 m2 complex
- 9 lecture rooms from 50-125 seats; specialist postgraduate teaching suite
- Large lounge area and foyer/social space
- 50 IT workstations/Wifi throughout
Law School – Elystan Morgan Building
- 2500 m2 complex
- 4 lecture rooms seating 40 – 60
- 10 seminar/lecture rooms seating 20-30 including Moot Court
- IT workstation suite/Wifi throughout
- Connected to 260 T1 Lecture theatre
Thomas Parry Library
- Will house the Law Library and all books/journal stock relating to SMB/Information Studies/Criminology subjects/European Documentation Centre
- 30 IT workstations/Wifi access
Padarn Building – Social Space
- Top floor 200 seat lecture room
- Middle floor – café serving hot and cold food and Students’ Union Shop
- Break-out rooms/and spaces for group and reflective work
- Vibrant social spaces, with full Wifi connectivity
The Llanbadarn Centre is a short walk from the Penglais Campus. We have a discounted travel arrangement with Mid Wales Travel who will provide the Llanbadarn Express service. You can buy the MWT annual travel card from the Students’ Union and it can be used on all their service routes from Aberystwyth town centre, the Prom, to and from the Penglais Campus including the 301 and 302.
If you prefer to walk, the journey time is around half an hour from the railway station and around 15 minutes from Penglais campus via the Science Park; and around 25 minutes from PJM, the Student Village via Waunfawr. You can download a campus walkers map (pdf).