Aberystwyth University Lifelong Learning
Welcome to the School of Education and Lifelong Learning. The School of Education and Lifelong Learning is located in P5 on the main University campus with brand new learning and teaching environments. In conjunction with this, we retain a community presence for adult continuing education in the town of Aberystwyth.
Our primary mission as the School of Education and Lifelong Learning is to provide students with learning opportunities of the highest academic and professional standard within a positive and supportive environment. In teaching and research the School is committed to serving the educational, cultural, linguistic and social needs of Wales and attaches great importance to contributing to the community in which it is based. In doing so, we value highly collaboration with independent providers in the community, partnership schools, unitary authorities and other local and national educational institutions, as well as our other contacts in the UK, Europe and the wider world.
Our programmes of study (full and part-time) are going from strength to strength and are continually being updated to meet learners’ interests and career goals where emphasis is placed on enhancing employability.
Education is a life long process and there should be some course for everyone at whatever stage you are at in life. The School offers a wide range of courses, such as:
- courses throughout mid and West Wales as part of our Lifelong Learning and Welsh for Adults programmes;
- single honours BA in Childhood Studies, Education and International Development and Education with other subjects;
- PGCE secondary level;
- credit and non-credit based CPD courses for businesses and other interested groups;
- continuing professional development courses for teachers at masters level , and
- research degrees in Education.
The School of Education and Lifelong Learning runs the following courses. These are free of charge for University employees.
- Listening to Others: Skills and Practice (3 days)
- Counselling Skills: Models and Practice (3 days)
- Dealing with Conflict (3 day course)
- Conflict Management: Skills and Practice (3 days)
- Conflict Resolution: Models And Practice (3 day course)
- Exploring Mental Health (2 day course)
- Stress Management (2 day course)
- Building Effective Teams in the Workplace (2 days)
- Presentation Skills and Public Speaking For All (2 day course)
- Marketing Yourself as an Art Practitioner
- Food photography
- Working with Others – using the arts to develop health and wellbeing