Aberystwyth University Equine
Typical A-level offer
BCC-BBC with B in Biology or Human Biology
With a long history of teaching equine science and outstanding teaching facilities for this specialist subject area, our degree at Aberystwyth University will allow you to explore horse reproduction including breeding technologies, its nutrition, welfare and care for maximum performance and its management in relation to exercise physiology and health. And if that’s not enough, scroll down for more information.
Institute of Biological, Environmental and Rural Sciences (IBERS): 91% student satisfaction (NSS 2016)
92% of undergraduates from IBERS who graduated in 2015 were in employment or further education six months after graduating (DLHE 2015)
- Superb teaching and research facilities including state of the art labs.
- Internationally renowned passionate teaching staff who are experts in their fields for animal science and equine research.
- A fantastic equine centre with Olympic size indoor arena, all-weather manège, round pen, horse walker and livery facilities including turnout.
- A stunning coastal location with miles of unspoilt beaches to gallop upon a few miles from the equine centre!
- Opportunities for work experience, foreign exchanges, internships, bursaries and training towards BHS exams.
Students can elect to study a number of IBERS modules in the medium of Welsh. Ask the department for further details.
The majority of teaching staff at the Institute of Biological, Environmental and Rural Sciences are qualified to PhD level and are research active. Vocational courses also have staff whose background lies within industry. The Institute has a large number of research only staff with whom students may have contact.
Typical Entry Requirements
A Levels BCC-BBC with B in Biology or Human Biology
GCSE requirements (grade C min):
English or Welsh, Mathematics and a Science subject
BTEC National Diploma: