Aberystwyth University Biology
- Aberystwyth is situated amongst hills, wooded valleys, wetlands, sandy and rocky shores and, of course alongside the pristine waters of Cardigan Bay. If you want wildlife, Aberystwyth has it all.
- You might be studying microbiology in the morning, and investigating the life found in sand dunes in the afternoon; you don’t have to limit yourself to just one area of Biology.
- You can keep your options open or specialise; our degree structure allows you to do either.
- You will be taught by passionate, engaged, friendly and staff with expertise across the full range of Biological topics.
- Your academic studies will be bolstered by a wealth of laboratory and field classes which build real scientific skills essential for your future.
- Our teaching and E-learning facilities provide you with an outstanding learning experience integrating the classroom sessions and vast repository of study resources.
- You will be assigned a personal tutor who can guide you through your time at Aberystwyth and help you to settle in when you first arrive.
- We have invested heavily and over a number of years in our research facilities, and project students may get the opportunity to work in the research units on Penglais, or in our dedicated research facility at Gogerddan just outside Aberystwyth.
If you would like to study Biology with an Integrated Masters, then have a look at our sister course with an additional year allowing you to complete a Master’s qualification (C109).
The majority of teaching staff at the Institute of Biological, Environmental and Rural Sciences are qualified to PhD level and are research active. Vocational courses also have staff whose background lies within industry. The Institute has a large number of research only staff with whom students may have contact.
Typical Entry Requirements
A Levels BBC-BBB with B in Biology or Human Biology
GCSE requirements (grade C min):
English or Welsh, Mathematics and a Science subject
BTEC National Diploma:
112 – 128
30 points overall with 5 points in Biology at Higher Level
65-70% overall with 75% in specified subject
Applicants are considered on their individual merits and offers can vary. For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org