Abertay University Business Studies
Why choose this course?
The course has placed direct contact with industry partners at its centre:
- The course engages with industry through guest speakers, projects and industry visits. For example, last year students worked with Scotherbs, Dundee City Council and Radio Tay.
- Through The Marketing Society, students network with local and national experts in their field, as well as support the marketing communities’ knowledge base.
- Combining specialist marketing knowledge and practice with the study of business, students develop marketing campaigns in conjunction with real clients, and provide consultancy and market research.
- Students are encouraged to broaden their horizons and open their mind to new experiences through engaging with work placements and studying abroad.
- The marketing programme integrates marketing with key business functions, enabling graduates to demonstrate an understanding of the role of marketing within a business.
This contemporary course is designed to develop marketing graduates with a keen eye for innovation, creative design skills and problem solving ability in a marketing context. The course offers a great opportunity to study areas important to today’s employers, some specific to the marketing function, strategy and communications, as well as those contemporary techniques in marketing practice, such as digital and social media, consumer relationship marketing and creative design. The course develops the necessary marketing skills required for a graduate to compete in today’s marketplace.
What you study
The key modules students will study are as follows:
Year 1 – Understanding the Customer, Marketing
Year 2 – Digital & Social Media, Creativity, Innovation & Marketing
Year 3 – Brand Management, Communications & Creative Design
Year 4 – Strategic Marketing, Customer Relationship Marketing
The emphasis in Years 1 and 2 is on the development of knowledge and understanding of core concepts in marketing and business.
In Year 3, focus is on the management challenges in marketing and other business areas.
In Year 4, emphasis is on the issues directly related to aspects relating to the management of marketing strategy, and activity in complex organisations in the context of global competition. Students will develop their specialist knowledge and understanding of marketing in the form of a dissertation.
Students will have a practical experience with the marketing team, who bring their innovative teaching and industry engagement to the classroom.