Abertay University Business Management
Why choose this course?
- The focus on employer engagement in aspects of teaching and learning gives the programme a contemporary feel and relevance.
- Even in your first year, it is expected that you will provide local organisations with solutions to contemporary problems – organisations such as Guide Dogs for the Blind and the Scottish Blood Transfusion Service, have benefited from interactions with students and their creativity in areas as broad as events management to operations management.
- The course goes beyond the classroom, using extra-curricular activities such as international competitions like the IBM Business Challenge, to contribute towards a greater understanding of the complexities of business management.
- The course uses innovative techniques in business simulation and employer engagement in assessment. This is done through the use of ‘live’ business projects and work placement opportunities, both here and abroad.
- We have international partner institutions, from the US to Asia, and all stops in between, where you can study in English for a term or a year. This is a great opportunity to boost your CV, as it shows experience of different cultures and methods of working, which indicates you are ready for working in a global business environment.
In an increasingly globalised context, businesses are looking for graduates who appreciate the challenges presented by shifting markets, ever changing business models, new social trends and emerging technologies; and who possess the analytical skills to develop business solutions. This applies no matter whether your ambition is to start your own business, or become a manager, advisor or business analyst. The course, designed with employability as an objective, helps prepare you for that through a combined approach to knowledge development and skills acquisition relevant to contemporary business and management needs.
The course offers an innovative combination of study – including opportunities for in-work learning and through employer engagement activities, the chance to demonstrate your potential to employers from a range of sectors within the Scottish economy and beyond.