Abertay University Accounts
The appeal of an Accounting degree from Abertay is that we will ask you to think in different ways, to be creative and to really understand all aspects of the business world. We believe that accounting can be an exciting career path. Remember, many of the CEOs of major companies started out as accountants.
Why choose this course?
- Accounting is always in demand.
- This course offers professional body accreditation from CIMA, ACCA and AIA.
- All students receive CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants) student membership. CIMA is the largest professional body of management accountants in the world.
- Live business engagement working on problems set in real time by clients.
- Enhance your CV and job prospects through extra-curricular activities such as the IBM Universities Business Challenge, Entrepreneurship Brains Made on Campus (EBMC) in association with Stuttgart Media University, Germany, Peer Mentoring of Secondary School students and Charity challenges. Many of these opportunities involve inter-university working and overseas travel.
- Fancy studying abroad? We have many partners in Europe and beyond where you can study, in English, for a term.
Organisations, be they public, private or third sector, all need to understand where their finances come from, how they are being used and whether they have any left. Without this vital information, the organisation is not sustainable.
Although many students start at Year 1, there are also many who join this course after an HNC (into Year 2) or an HND (into Year 3). Regardless of what point at which you start this course, staff are actively engaged in ensuring you are well supported and can achieve to the best of your ability.
We have a £5000 Murray Taylor Scholarship available that will be awarded to the strongest candidate applying into Year 1. For details, please download the Murray Taylor Scholarship Support Document and the Murray Taylor Scholarship Application Form.